JAN-2016 / NEW REGULATION BRAZIL
The Brazilian Ministry of Agriculture has announced that providing information regarding wooden packaging materials used, will be considered mandatory, this as per Normative Instruction Nº. 32 dated 09/23/2015.
The instruction will come into effect on February 1st, 2016 (B/L date), and shallbe applied to both export and import, transshipment and transit cargoes through Brazil.
Therefore, detailed information regarding the packaging materials used, confirming the existence or non-existence of wooden materials, need to be send along with the Shipping Instruction. When providing the information, please consider below two questions to help complete your Shipping Instruction.
1) Are there wooden packaging materials used?
- YES or NO
2) If YES, what kind of wooden package?
- a. Wooden Package Material: Treated and Certificated; (treated material and/or fumigated with certification);
- b. Wooden Package Material: Processed; (processed material);
- c. Wooden Package Material: Not treated and not Certificated (not treated material and/or fumigated with certification).
In case the requested information is not provided in or along with the Shipping Instruction, we will assume that there are no wooden packaging materials used for this shipment.
If you do have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact our Booking Desk.